For the Skyera career listed here, you may send your resume to: email@example.com
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Skyera is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer who is highly technical, possess in-depth knowledge of the storage technology, and will be able to demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and operational support of NAS and SAN products.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The TSE is responsible for effective and efficient resolution of all levels of technical support calls from basic questions to issues requiring in-depth technical problem solving skills. Contribute to defining and documenting support processes and knowledge-base articles for customer consumption. This key role will be asked to work closely with Engineering and Product Management in helping to define serviceability and usability requirements. The role will have the opportunity to influence Skyera’s strategy in delivering a remarkable experience to her enterprise customers.
- Must possess outstanding trouble-shooting skills
- Must be comfortable working directly with Sr. engineers and management to articulate problem scenarios, customer configuration and customer concerns.
- Excellent soft skills when dealing with customers and partners in critical situations, unflappable personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented, used to working in distributed engineering models with off shore teams
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent work exp.
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to carry a pager or a cell phone 24×7 for after hours on-call support for critical issues.
- Able to grasp complex technical implementations / solutions quickly
- A strong customer advocate with an eye towards usability and supportability , help drive customer experience and support tools improvements into our product roadmap
- 6 years minimum experience in an enterprise storage support role
- 2 years minimum supporting a solid state enterprise storage solution
- Excellent knowledge of advanced administration workflows for storage products
- Strong understanding of enterprise storage data protection models: DR, backup, mirror, snapshots, CPD and replication models.
- Strong knowledge of storage architectures and protocols; FC, iSCSI / SAN, HA, NAS, NFS, CIFS and RAID
- Excellent understanding of network protocols; Ethernet, TCP/IP and SAN environments and authentication protocols AD, LDAP, DNS, NIS, IPv4, IPv6.
- Strong working knowledge for Windows OS, Linux OS, and UNIX experience along with multi-pathing
- Good knowledge or virtualization technologies; VMware, VAAI, Hypervisor, Xen, ETC…
- Working knowledge of security requirements for storage products (port scanners, exploits)
- Lots of experience with various defect tracking tools and call tracking systems.
- Scripting experience with Perl, shell or python (with a focus on support automation)
- Firsthand experience with Installing and configuring of distributed computing solutions and multiprocessing or complex storage solutions into complex SAN environments
- Programming / coding experience, ability to read C code and identify root cause issues, perhaps even code a fix, exp using code review and SCM systems
- US citizen
- A Security clearance
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Posted: May 5, 2014
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Customer Support
- Industry: Computer, Storage and Networking
Skyera offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, as well as other traditional group benefits.
RECRUITMENT AGENCY POLICY
Skyera does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Skyera employees or any other company location. Skyera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.