For the Skyera career listed here, you may send your resume to: email@example.com
White Box Test Architect / Lead
Skyera is looking for a Whitebox Test Architect who will be responsible for ensuring that Skyera uses best of breed quality approaches and a complete test auditing of the design and implementation of Skyera’s storage platforms.
The successful candidate will join projects from the very beginning and will work with development and QA to refine the requirements for the release ensuring that all of the requirements are quantified and testable. The successful candidate will work with senior development engineers to define the architecture so that test considerations are part of the design, including working with Development to determine where test hooks need to be included into the design to ensure testability / validation (fault injection and error path testing), you will also work directly with the project team to ensure that we test all the critical paths and report all findings.
The successful candidate will be very technical (hands on) and have a deep QA understanding of process and approaches. The successful candidate will comprehend current technology trends and will leverage these trends where they have value to Skyera. The candidate must ensure the architecture incorporates best in class technology with an eye towards test extensibility, scalability, performance and a level of quality that will be superior to our competition.
Skyera is looking for Whitebox test architect to work on Skyera’s Storage Products. You will work in a fast paced environment with an experienced and highly technical team of Skyera engineers to solve a wide variety of unique and complex problems.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Review requirements and design documents and drive for clarity; identify opportunities to have test hooks inserted into the product code to validate functionality
- Create and execute whitebox test plans (create injections to test the error path, review code, analyze complexity)
- Work with build team, Dev, QA team and automation team to extend test coverage
- Create / own a test framework for performing whitebox testing; crash and injections points
- Review complex code to identify issues
- Define and extend Skyera’s current crash framework
- Work hand in hand with Development to understand and solve complex issues
- Be an outspoken advocate for process enhancements to improve product quality
- Excellent initiative and motivation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and drive problems to a solution with minimum of oversight
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team
Experience / Requirements
- Minimum 10 years of coding experience in C or C++
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a software project leadership role
- Minimum of 4 years in a QA leadership role that included process design
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on a clustered NAS product or enterprise storage solution
- Strong Windows OS knowledge
- Strong Linux/Unix background
- Advanced knowledge of storage/network protocols and connectivity.
- Advanced knowledge of network file systems, disk-based file systems and/or file virtualization technologies.
- Understands when to use black box, white box and grey box test approaches. Has deployed all three approaches successfully.
- Has performed root cause analysis and corrective actions within engineering (closed loop)
- Deep understanding of engineering metrics
- Hand on experience using many software engineering tools: Source code management, branching tools, code complexity analyzers, code coverage products, static and dynamic code analysis, memory mapping/tracing tools and capturing tools.
- Able to participate meaningfully in technical deep-dives into module designs and product architectures.
- Proven project management skills, a strong willingness to plan and document.
- Senior level cross project soft skills: interpersonal and communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail; has worked on distributed projects across several geographies.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills
Not required but a strong plus
- Understanding / Experience with competitive storage related products
- Usability design/ test experience
- Technical marketing back ground
- Working knowledge of NFS, CIFS, NDMP and associated environments highly desired
- Unix /Linux system administration skills
- Working knowledge of data protection paradigms and disaster recovery solutions: Snapshot, replication, mirroring and backup/restore.
- Working experience with Window’s enterprise class applications like SQL, Exchange, and Shadow Copy a plus.
- Working experience with Oracle, backup applications
- Experience running performance metrics that are used in the storage industry: SpecSFS, SPC, SPC1
- Track record of delivering high quality successful storage products (4 or 5 9’s product)
- Job ID:
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Posted: May 5, 2014
- Type: Full-time
- Function: QA
- Industry: Computer Storage and Networking
Skyera offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, as well as other traditional group benefits.
RECRUITMENT AGENCY POLICY
Skyera does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Skyera employees or any other company location. Skyera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.